About the Asian Division Friends Society
Established in 2004, the Asian Division Friends Society (ADFS):
- assists the Asian Division to make its comprehensive collections available for use by the broadest possible audiences—locally, nationally, and internationally.
- promotes the Asian Division through its outreach and sponsored programs.
- supports programs designed to sustain and preserve the knowledge and accomplishments of the peoples and civilizations of Asia, both past and present, as well as America's historic and contemporary involvement with Asia and the communities of Asian Pacific Americans.
- fosters research about and understanding of East, Southeast, and South Asia, as well as Asian American Pacific Islanders.
- advances the services of the Asian Division through coi nnunity programs that augment the Library's Asian collections and the recently established Asian American Pacific Islander archive.